How do you do? May I introduce myself?
I’m Mama Tokus…and I’m SURE we’re gonna get on great!
- a soulful singer from the Deep South West
- a composer/performer of original tunes and sly interpretations
- an MC able to wittily host events and stages
- creator of The Get-Together: a music pro-social club
- an ordained Dudeist Priestess in the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
- a comic poetess, doing stand-up poetry
I do jazz & swing…
I do funk…
I do shows…
I do spoken word…
What the people say
“Mama Tokus should be offered on the NHS as a cure for depression….fantastic fun!!”Punter at a show, 2019
“A hybrid of cabaret, R&B, blues, funk and fun, Mama Tokus bursts out of the nu music hall scene (whatever that might be) with a first album stuffed full of great ideas put to great tunes – and isn’t that the best kind of music?”Boff Whalley, R2 Magazine
“On The Ragtime should have its place in every blues and roots fan’s collection”Jean Bervoets, Back to the Roots blues magazine
Check out more testimonials here to see what other people think of my hostess abilities. Ahem.
I do weddings…
I can MARRY YOU
I’m an Ordained Dudeist Priest in the Church of the Latter Day Dude.
It’ll cost ya though…