Hello guests. How do you do? May I introduce myself? I’m Mama Tokus and I’m:
- a soulful singer from the Deep South West
- a composer/performer of original tunes and sly interpretations
- a comic poetess, doing stand-up poetry on the subjects of womanhood, technology and futurism, afro-ness, fantasy and sci-fi, age and wisdom, fashion and music, word-trickery and language.
- an MC able to wittily host events and stages
- a fully ordained Dudeist Priestess in the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
I write and sing my own compositions – bringing women’s blues bang up to date for the 21st century.
I’m influenced by: Dinah Washington, Dusty Springfield, Dr John, Sarah Vaughan, Josephine Baker, Tina Turner, Barrelhouse Annie, Burt Bacharach, Noel Coward, the Rolling Stones, Rufus Thomas, Georgie Fame, James Booker, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, The Meters…and many more groovy people.
If you want me for a performance, event or ceremony, just visit the Book Me page, or email me at email@example.com
If you want to download my Electronic Press Kit – including pictures, music, press materials, testimonials and reviews, click here. It’s a .zip file weighing in at 9Mb.
Meanwhile, scroll down and down for videos, downloadable press releases and pictures and testimonials.
VIDEOS – see below, or visit www.youtube.com/mamatokus
to watch Tokus TV
Check out my Poetry Showreel here:
I’m on video here at my YouTube channel with my Real Lady creation – a cheeky comedy comment on ‘plastic’ women:
PRESS RELEASES: MUSIC, SHOWS & POETRY
Download a PDF general press release about Mama Tokus by clicking here.
My album On The Ragtime is available and you can read all about it by downloading the PDF press release by clicking here.
Read about me and my performance poetry, by downloading the PDF press release by clicking here.
Download high-resolution pictures of Mama right here. Just click on the link below the picture, or right-click the link and Save Link As… then sit back and poor yourself a stiff one…